Wednesday, July 9, 2008

barack obama

I listened over and over and over to all the statements made by Barack Obama regarding our need to speak Spanish. His contention is that all our school aged children must be made to speak Spanish. He contends that when The French, German, Italians or whomever come here they learn our language but Americans locating in other countries never attempt to learn that country's. When I went to school we had a choice of a second lanuage. It was not demanded we study a particular one. If Barack is concerned about American English speaking people learning the Spanish language why does he not advocate that all legal and illegal immigrants learn our language... the language of our settlers. We would save a lot of tax dollars by not needing to put up signs in so many languages. Until people learn our language followed by comprehension maybe then and only then will we have informed people in all facets of the country they chose to inhabit. God Bless the English Speaking country... America!!!! Barack is simply AGAIN.. pandering for votes. He thinks stupid people will buy anything. And, oh, by the way, Barack ,what is your second language???

1 comment:

RJ Buckley said...

Well, my two countries of choice across the water are England and France. I bought the CDs to learn French and I hope to make the time to start doing that soon. I'd love to be able to speak their language when I go there to visit. If I lived there, I would definitely learn French.

Any country in which I'd take up residence, I'd learn the language.

However, just because a Frenchman or a German or a Russian becomes a US Citizen and takes up residence here, doesn't mean I'd make it a point to learn their language. They would be learning ours, because they would be living here. Just as I would if I lived in their countries.

Same applies if I lived in Spain or Mexico, I'd learn their language. And if they choose to live here, they should learn English.

Seems like a simple remedy.